Sunday, February 1, 2009

Willtv Prices Drop Before Christmas 2010

But The crowd cheers stills! Nightlife News

Cuckoo

I promised you a fascinating study on the evolution of prices and programming at the Opera National du Rhin between 2000 and 2008, well here it is . But first I propose a moment of relaxation with an advertisement for Telerama ...

Publicité Télérama It
Alain Korkos who spoke on the site of Freeze frame. I let you admire and find errors (2 I believe, but there are a lot funnier than the other ... probably the advertiser who did it had just turned 18) .

But back to Strasbourg ... It happens that I have in my room a program of the 2000/2001 season which still lags, and I am amused recently to take a look to compare with the program for the current season, the 2008/2009, so . Obviously, the price of seats has increased. It might be expected. What is somewhat surprising is that he did not increased a little.

Decked out in 2000/2001, up from category 1, Rate 1 (thus the production rate for the most expensive) cost € 50.31 (there is a comma and cents because at the time the prices were in Swiss francs). In Zone 3, Rate 1 always was € 28.20 instead.

8 years later for the same price one of the most expensive productions, a square area of 3 costs ... € 55, or more expensive than zone 1 of the time! And zone 1 is 85 euros. Ah yes anyway.

But prices have increased because the seats are better, the opera has been redone, we see better, you better hear me tell you. Hey ben, not at all, the building is anything but standard, nothing has changed over there, oh if something new: there are small pieces of ceiling to collapse by starting here and there ( between the cathedral and the European Parliament, it must be a tradition of Strasbourg).

Another thing that has increased in the opera, of course, the price of subscriptions. The subscription "Variations" for example, rose from € 381.12 to € 2000 to 540 in 2008. What's even funnier is that at the same time, there are fewer shows in the subscription ... There is even fewer shows at all, because if there were in 2000 nine operas in the program (including a concert version, but only new productions in Strasbourg), in 2008 he must be content with seven shows, without concert version of course, but with twice ... Or 5 new productions in 2000 against 8. If the names of operas played in 2000/2001 and 2008/2009 interest you, just ask and I will be happy to write history to prove that it was better before.

Un petit ange
And the more one gives us even more pretty pouches for tickets to ... Pfff ...

Oh, hey, while you're there, I would take this opportunity to apologize to Prof.. Bullinger, which I mentioned here . I had told you he was Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Prof. eh Dr. hc, and I am a bit cheated ... More exactly I underestimated this fine gentleman (who has since become my boss a bit anyway, though not quite but almost), because Professor Bullinger, Hans-Jörg its name, is actually Univ .- Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Prof. eh mult. Dr. hc mult. Yes yes I forgot the "mult. "Remind us that he is an honorary professor , certainly, but many times. Same for the titles of doctor. This with mult said it is unclear how often, if it is located just two and I say "full time" to make me forgive my lack of respect for the other day ...

With that, your humble Dipl.-Inf. servant will leave you and wish you a pleasant weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment