Sunday, March 29, 2009

How Many Amps, Moped Battery

Sit upright

It's not going at all at the Stuttgart Opera ... The first Lohengrin, which takes place tonight and that I will not go, will take place in the absence of the director. Worse, the poster states that the setting is " according Stanislas Nordey," and not " of Stanislas Nordey. "(Because this is Mr. Stanislas Nordey it matter, a French apparently known.)

The World even made an article . The journalist does not mince words: " at the Stuttgart Opera, there is consternation. The director who participated in the first few days, you can imagine the drama. What did it really happen?

It's pretty simple, and a classic opera, I think. Conflict, as I say, thank you without a war between the director and conductor Manfred Honeck. Who were both incompatible visions of the Wagner opera. Visions are so different that we came to clash. Stanislas Nordey says: "This gentleman [conductor] wanted the choir sings and gets up when he sits down when not singing. Artistically speaking, this is nonsense. "C'mon! One measure of the seriousness of the thing, and one can imagine the director returning home at night, explaining to his friends on the phone, "No but you can imagine, the choir sings and when he gets up then sits ! "One can imagine the same Mr. Honeck explaining his relatives:" The choir should sing sit, or stay the whole time standing, but this is ridiculous! And one can imagine the reaction of friends, shared the desire to tell the artist that sometimes he just kidding when and even the desire to stay even a little solidarity with the artist in question.

Lohengrin
Nordey After leaving, I do not know what was finally chosen for the choir. Besides, if you look at the picture presented on the site of the opera, it is not known torp if people are sitting or standing, you can not even see their legs ... It was well worth it to make a drama.

Everything else, small desktop personal story that I do not hesitate to tell you. For two weeks, I tutor. Co-tutor to be exact. But this week, the other guardian was gone and I found myself alone with the intern. Who had the job for two weeks, so nothing too serious (it's not like I really needed to look after him, find him something useful to do). But still. I wanted to look serious and pretend to be interested in the evolution of the course (well here I add, the subject really interests me). Wednesday, I'll find the intern (who has one or two years older than me, but whatever) in his office and asks if everything goes well, it has something to do, if they have questions if he needs help. Are discussed for five minutes or ten I do not know. And in the end, it is that I said: " If you still need help, feel free to ask me. "It was a tad annoying. I do not know if I have to participate in the evaluation of the course, but if that is the case, I can already tell you that this unfortunate trainee more qualified than me will not receive full credit. And we'll see who's the leader , to paraphrase our President.

0 comments:

Post a Comment