Friday, October 3, 2008

Buy Naseptin Nose Cream

2001, An Index Odyssey

Cuckoo

Today we will talk about Google. For lots of different reasons. And we start with something funny. As it is 2008 and that Google turns 10, they offer us to reuse their search service on the web (well its index, to be exact) almost as ... 2001. Yes I know it is not ten years but it does not matter, apparently they were not proposing damn better. And good in fact it is not quite as in 2001 either, but it is not far away, so it's pretty funny. It happens here fun and can see that at the time, there was no YouTube, Skyblog or even iPod. But I was already there, and even, I promised .

always Google, but talk about politics, or society, I do not know. In November, there are elections in the United States, you may have vaguely heard of. Californians, as they are lucky, will have one vote and more particularly: a referendum to ban gay marriage, recently approved by the Supreme Court of poultry ... not the state. This is a referendum trap, because if we vote "yes" we are against gay marriage and if we vote "no" it is for. To help the poor Californians to get out and strongly encourage them to vote no to the proposal (which has a number: 8 ), there is a vast campaign has set up. Sustained campaign include Steven Spielberg not (again.) or Ellen DeGeneres, who will not make the toaster she recently had a wedding gift.

And Google, you say? And although Google also support the campaign for not. This is the cofounder of the little box that indicated the on the official blog of his company. What is somewhat curious, do we imagine EDF and Dassault Systems to take a position on the legalization of gay marriage in France? Not ... Apparently, California is not France.

Google yet, because I know you like that! You may know that a Google search can be restricted to a certain type of documents. For example, for not looking for "visualization" in PDF documents, you can write " filetype: pdf visualization. What is funny and also quite curious is that you can do a search "filetype" without specifying a keyword ... It's pretty fun with filetpye: html . Note that Google manages the feat of returning a number of results left I do not know where, and even better, order the results returned. By what standard? Note fun with the first page returned is always a link to a classic Anglo-Saxon vieu available on Google Books (but not always the same old classic, it changes according to I do not know what).

I'll let you explore it all and wish you a very happy celebration of German unity, because I know you celebrate German unity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment