Monday, May 4, 2009

Seattle Science Imax Promo

Mahonet

Cuckoo

This Sunday, (re) visiting the State Gallery in Stuttgart, I found myself facing a very disturbing picture. I do not know if, like me, you always struggle to remember which is which is which Manet Monet is . I do. Edward and Claude, Claude and Edward, I mix. I thought the museum with a room devoted to French Impressionists, help me clear up the confusion.

Not at all.

Because it is a painting by Manet exposed Stuttgart, which is pretty terrible. Well, in truth it is not so memorable as that, especially if seen in the reproduction of not great quality I found in the online catalog museum.


It shows Monet painting. And his wife, Camille, next. You'll notice that so Camille has a face vaguely recognizable as Monet exists only by his beard ... But whatever. What is really disturbing is that we are facing a representative picture of Manet Monet painting. Manet painted Monet painting. It does not tell us what Monet painting. painted ... I guess it was Manet painting being painted. Manet Monet painting painting Manet painting etc.. is something that program well with a recursive function ... Raymond Devos or a keystroke away.

And it makes me want to copy here a reproduction of the Triple Self-Portrait by Norman Rockwell, I find it quite appropriate, although the picture is not exposed to the state gallery, but Norman Rockwell Musuem in Stockbridge, m ' learns a quick search.


I conclude by saying that if you read the title of this message as a sign of my future conversion to Islam, you're wrong, I have no such project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment