Sunday, November 28, 2010

Man Wearing Jockstrap

Hey, Martin!


is the poster for the film "See Ali" I already told you about in my post of Thursday, October 28 and the following note.

Hey, Martin!

About This documentary was premiered at the Festival du cinema international en Abitibi-Témiscamingue, I feel like repeating the slogan could be heard in time, in advertisements of Habitant Soup "There's a little bit of us in there! .

The director, Martin Guerin, tells a story very beautiful, very real, which was somewhat overlooked in 1983 for reasons that include over 52 minutes of View Ali . What this film says, beyond this story, especially what kind of wood warms the population of a region like ours when crazy wonderful start to believe that anything is possible.

View Ali took more than two years of work and a lot of passion, determination and talent of any team throughout the shoot. What happened behind the scenes Equally interesting is what we see on the screen. How do I know? Because my step-son, Dominic Leclerc, told me little bits, since there involved from the outset, the cinematography, editing and in many fruitful discussions with Martin Guerin and the whole team. Even me, I have a small stake in the end, the secret is that I had revealed in my next post!

Since then, many people told me they were disappointed to have missed during his presentation that had a full house at the Theatre du Cuivre October 31. But all is not lost, I quote an excerpt from an email I just received from Martin

"Hello Francine,

Like your blog seems popular, I'll refile the info that you could convey to your readers ... Thank you in advance. See you soon. Martin "

What my blog is frequented a little much, so passionately or not, who cares, we would not want Martin to remove his illusions, is not it? I'm delighted if Chez zoreilles can use the link in this case. Here is an excerpt from the press release:

*********************

(Rouyn-Noranda, November 2010) - After an acclaimed performance at the Festival du cinema international en Abitibi- Témiscamingue where he was awarded a mention of the jury, the documentary View Ali Guerin Martin will screen one last time in Rouyn-Noranda. The film will be broadcast on the big screen at the Paramount Theatre Monday, December 13 to 18 h 30 and Tuesday, December 14 to 18 h 30. Spectators will also have the chance to discuss with stakeholders and the makers of the film after the two projections. The film See Ali offers a sincere look on the improbable and entertaining stay the great boxer Muhammad Ali in Rouyn-Noranda in June 1983.

Outlets tickets until Thursday, December 9:

Chocolate The deposit
Café The Abstracto

point ticket sales from December 10:

Cinema Paramount

************************

You're probably wondering: "Yes but if you really do not live near Rouyn-Noranda how do you see this movie? "There, I confess, I do not know. Like all films produced in Quebec, I guess View Ali take flight and experience a career soon. I promise you I'll let you know when I hear about it. And I should hear about, because ... "There's a little bit of us in there! "

0 comments:

Post a Comment