Illustration: To achieve the poster of the 29th International Film Festival Abitibi-Témiscamingue, the designer Staifany Gonthier has captured the essence of the feast of international cinema, highly unlikely that the 48th parallel north, which continues to delight and amaze for this 29th edition.
Thinking Big on the big screen
with tradition, I'll talk to you again, as every year, MON Festival, one where I worked behind the scenes, communications, the where only edition I could not see a mozusse film, but since I corrected myself, since the end of October always means big brush my film, my annual appointment with the seventh art and my friends also bitten me In this amalgam of parties, p'tites and great views, encounters magic and sheer lunacy that will befall us from 30 October to 4 November.
For six days, will be presented 17 feature films, 83 short and medium length films, 42 animations, from 25 countries: Algeria, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Burundi, Canada, Denmark, United States, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Malawi, Netherlands, New Zealand, Netherlands, Peru, Poland, United Kingdom, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Venezuela. The lineup of 35 films this year presents awards and 36 premieres, including 16 world, 10 North American and 10 in Quebec.
a program! You can read more by clicking site FCIAT: http://www.festivalcinema.ca/
As you can imagine, I am present there rather than here in the coming days. I will not see any, it would be impossible, but I do not sulk my pleasure, for sure, even take out all the stops to spare me the beaches in my free time already and save me crazy at the Festival.
In addition to the screenings taking place at the Theatre du Cuivre, there are also many activities that are grafted around the Festival: The public education (youth component), the great movie, with the speaker Pierre-Henri Deleau, release movies across the region, Short (Dominic will present his film, Between Spruce and the unicorn Saturday night at the Cabaret of the last chance), Nocturnes and other events that bring people who participate in this frenzy that already feels around town, Rouyn-Noranda at least.
I will not be missed especially in block 3 on Sunday afternoon, a world premiere, the film See Ali, director Martin Guerin. This film, I hear speak for two years, among other reasons because Dominic is involved with all his heart, camera, editing, calibration and whatnot. This documentary tells a great story, 100% true, an incredible story that shows that anything is possible in a region like ours, when crazy wonderful start to want the same thing at the same time with all their might.
In a few minutes, I leave to go to 5-7 Launch of this film. I was invited to be part of all those who participated, from near or far, this documentary tells this wonderful story that would be forgotten if Guerin did not consider Martin to be the general screen. What was my involvement? Even under torture, I will not say anything ... until next week, after the screening of See Ali, a world premiere!
0 comments:
Post a Comment