Photo 1: Rear view of our camp number two ... Two to Fast. This is the heart of the boreal forest, 2 km walk to the first accessible only by water. There will be no hawkers who come knocking on the door during our vacation!
Photo 2: Nearby, 20 minutes walking around, there is a bog where I already picked cranberries, also known as wild cranberries or potato field. Let's say I promise, they are ripe just right at this moment, I took this picture in 2007 or 2008.
Photo 3: Wink at Fitzsou, here are the carnivorous plants I mentioned recently, those that make me think of a family of sharks mouth open! I had seen also in the bog near the cranberries, but it would be more accurate to call them insectivorous plants and their scientific name is "Sarracenia purpurea.
Autumn Holiday
I'll be on vacation for a big week from next Friday at noon. I'll be back on Thursday evening next at the end of September. Yes, even a self-employed can take leave, only by organizing well in advance!
I confess I am not used to get any for a long period. Seven days ... Away from the busy life and responsibilities in the forest, without any means of communication is something that I am fortunate to live often but smaller doses. For logistics, we organized a long time, the path to get there is very clear, the camp is comfortable, it has already brought our equipment since the weekend of Labor Day, I cooked weekend of meal I canned in Mason jars, others are frozen for the first days, we have clothing for all variations of temperature, the mass reading in our little bundles, even knitting (!) and we should want for nothing. In fact, at this point I must mention Crocodile Dundee and his legendary philosophy: "By dint of lacking toutttt, we lack nothing! "
These holidays are organized around the time of bow hunting. At the moose. We are four: two hunters, two good archers, Crocodile Dundee and Robert, and two that do not hunt anything other than pictures and Cranberry, Gisele and me. When bow hunting, and I say this especially for those who are strangers to this way of "living forest", the hunters return empty-handed but almost always with a lot of fabulous stories to tell. The animal is likely to escape unscathed because a good hunter does not shoot his arrow unless it is absolutely certain to reach its deadly game, just not him. Otherwise, it fails, this second option is chosen most often. But he attends extraordinary scenes which will bring a surplus of adrenaline in proximity to the wilderness that will fantasize throughout the year.
Giselle and Robert are great company and we get along well with them. These holidays will also be a reunion as they live in Ste-Anne des Lacs, in the Laurentians. She is the sister of Crocodile Dundee, she has known longer than me and makes me laugh when she tells me stories of his childhood, he was already so much power in the man he has become today ' Today!
the evening around the table was the record of each and every day, what we saw and heard, and then added sometimes those little surprises that warm the heart, we go out of our backpack with a naughty look at the appropriate time, taking even more valuable because it is far from the world (a good cigar, a scotch pumice , a new cheese, sweets of old, etc.).
When we give a log in the stove when they should rather go to sleep to get up the next day at dawn, we take pleasure to steal time out "offender". We know when we will continue our discussion a little animated, vivacious, warm, sometimes profound, sometimes lighter, sometimes even singing, (Robert has a very wide musical culture of Scout, her childhood in Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, and is part of a choir !...) because we are here for the pleasure of being together and everything is coated nature, simplicity, love and friendship. The essential. Just that. Back to basics.
0 comments:
Post a Comment